Introduction to TIG Welding
Course Number 523 - 5 Days
An excellent practical introduction to TIG welding, this course provides instruction in safety, drawing and symbol interpretation, equipment set-up and welding operations. Instruction takes place both in the classroom and in SETA's fully equipped workshop.
This course is ideally suited to those with little or no TIG welding experience.
- Safety relevant to TIG welding: - protective equipment; power sources; ventilation; fire prevention
- Interpretation of engineering drawings and symbols with regard to TIG welding
- TIG welding equipment and controls: - introduction to the unit and a description of its operations
- Preparing material for TIG welding
- Equipment set up
- TIG welding operations:- instruction and practice in a range of operations/joints to develop TIG welding skills
- Faults recognition
- Reduction in accident risk
- Reduction in down time caused by poor procedures
- Improved quality standards
Mon - Thu: 8.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Fri: 8.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
Introduction to MMA Welding
Introduction to MIG Welding