Introduction to Electrical Safety
Course Number 031 - 1/2 Day
An excellent introduction to electrical safety, this course provides instruction in electric shock protection, prevention of electrical injuries and working in hazardous conditions. Instruction takes place both in the classroom and in SETA¡¦s fully equipped workshop.
This course is ideally suited to those who wish to work safely in the presence of electricity.
- What is electricity? - Nature of electricity
- Electric shock, its effects and the philosophy of shock protection: - descriptions; shock protection considerations
- Protection against direct and indirect contact
- Electric burns, arcing and thermal effects: - consideration of electrical injuries, causes and prevention
- Isolation:-need for isolation and precautions to maintain isolation
- Working on or near live conductors: - hazards and other considerations
- Competency of persons to prevent danger and injury: - what constitutes a competent person
- Reduction in accident risk
- Improved health & safety appreciation
- Improved flexibility
9.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
16th Edition IEE Wiring Regulation
Introduction to Electrical Engineering