Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels Under P.U.W.E.R. regulations
Course 151 - 1 Day
For those who check, dress or replace abrasive wheels this course is an essential ingredient in becoming qualified as an operator. To satisfy the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) all operators must be trained in the law relating to this equipment. Instruction takes place in both the classroom and SETA’s fully equipped workshop.
This course is designed for those who are involved in the selection, storage, mounting and dressing of abrasive wheels.
- Common causes of accidents
- Statutory notices and publications
- Identification of wheels and marking systems
- Storage, handling and inspection
- Spindle speeds and their measurement
- Function of all components
- Mounting abrasive wheels
- Wheel dressing
- Rest adjustment
- Wheel balancing
- Practice in mounting, dressing, balancing
- Reduction in accident risk
- Better use of capital equipment
- Increased flexibility
9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.