Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings (C & G 2393-10)
Monday, 09 May 2011 00:00 by Alison
PRACTICAL ELECTRICAL SKILLS
Course No.133 1 Day
The objective of this unit is to provide a sufficient level of competence to identify the implications of the Building Regulations in relation to electrical installation work in dwellings. The subject matter is intended to allow the domestic installer to confirm that their electrical installation meets the requirements of the Building Regulations. An in depth knowledge of the Building Regulations is not required, simply the relevant parts of the regulations for the domestic electrical installer.
This course is of particular value to electrical installers with electrical competence qualifications who wish to become familiar with the requirements of the Building Regulations including those of Part P in respect of their installation activities
- What are Building Regulations and Approved Documents?
- The scope of the Approved Documentation ‘P’
- The applicability of Part P and work that need not be notified
- Other Applicable Building Regulations and Approved Documents
- What is defined as ‘building work’
- Competent Persons
- Minor Work
- The requirement for Kitchens and special locations
- Multiple Choice Examination
- This qualification can be used, in addition to other qualifications in support of Part P registration.
9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. including on line Exam.