Introduction to MMA Welding
Course No: 521 - 5 Days
An excellent practical introduction to Manual Metal Arc (MMA) welding, this course provides instruction in safety, drawing and symbol interpretation, equipment set-up and welding operations. Instruction takes place both in the classroom and in SETA¡¦s fully equipped workshop.
This course is ideally suited to those with little or no MMA welding experience.
- Safety relevant to MMA welding: - protective equipment; power sources; ventilation; fire prevention
- Interpretation of engineering drawings and symbols with regard to MMA welding
- MMA welding equipment and controls: - introduction to the unit and a description of its operations
- Welding electrodes:-
- Equipment set up
- MMA welding operations:- instruction and practice in a range of operations/joints to develop MMA welding skills
- Faults recognition
- Reduction in accident risk
- Reduction in down-time caused by poor procedure
- Improved quality standards
Mon - Thu: 8.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Fri: 8.30 a.m. -12.30 p.m.
Introduction to MIG Welding
Introduction to TIG Welding