Introduction to Electrical Engineering
Course Number 531 - 5 Days
As an excellent practical introduction to electrical engineering, this course includes instruction in safety, drawing interpretation, electrical theory and practical electrical wiring. Instruction takes place both in the classroom and in SETA’s fully equipped workshop.
This course is ideally suited to those who wish to support the electrical work needs of the company and assist in routine electrical activities. No prior electrical knowledge is required
- Safety relevant to electrical engineering
- Interpretation of electrical diagrams and symbols
- Electrical engineering measuring instruments:- types, care and use
- Basic electrical theory
- Materials:- range of conductors and insulating materials
- Basic electrical components
- Preparation of cable ends, terminations and connections:- single strand; multi-strand; flexible cables
- Practical electrical wiring:- practical exercises using tools, materials, components and electrical diagrams
- Fault finding on electrical circuits:- appropriate test and measuring equipment
- Electric motors:- 3-phase AC induction motors and their construction
- Transformers:- functioning; testing
- Fault recognition
- Reduction in down-time
- Better use of capital equipment
- Improved flexibility
Mon – Thur: 8.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Fri: 8.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations C&G2382
Insp’ Test’ & Cert’ of Elec’ Install’ C&G2394/5