Introduction to Bench Fitting
Course Number 512 - 5 Days
As an excellent introduction to practical bench fitting, this course provides instruction in safety, use of drawings and measuring equipment, identification of threads and a range of bench fitting operations. Instruction takes place both in the classroom and in SETA's fully equipped workshop.
This course is ideally suited to those with little or no previous bench fitting experience.
- Safety relevant to bench fitting
- Interpretation of engineering drawings and symbols
- Measuring instruments relevant to bench fitting: - external micrometers; vernier calipers; vernier height gauge; slip gauges
- Identification of threads
- Bench fitting operations: - measuring and marking; cutting; filing; drilling; countersinking; counter boring; reaming; producing threads using taps and dies
- Increased flexibility
- Better use of capital equipment
- Improved quality standards
Mon- Thur: 8.30 a.m.- 4.00 p.m.
Fri: 8.30 a.m.- 12.30 p.m.
Introduction to Mechanical Maintenance